Site rules at shock airsoft
Arrival and departure:
1. As Shock Airsoft is located on an active shooting estate, we ask you to please take... care on the lanes and to give way to any of the deer stalkers on site. We also ask you to be wary of any wildlife on the estate. Please also be courteous to our neighbours on the gate and please try and avoid to congregate at the gate.
2. Follow the directions given on our website, through the paintballing car park into Shock Airsoft car park
3. Please ensure ALL guns are covered or boxed during arrival and departure.
4. Players will not bring onto the site any real, deactivated or bladed weapons or inappropriate (non-airsoft). Bayonets, samurai swords and machetes have no place in airsoft games. ONLY airsoft weaponry is acceptable.
5. At the end of the day again please be courteous to our wildlife, colleagues and neighbours on departure.
1. Site limit are 350fps for all automatic weapon types (AEG & Gas), measured with .20g BB’s - this is an absolute limit not a figure to aim for.
2. Site limit is 450fps for DMR's and 500fps for bolt action sniper based weapons measured with a .20g BB, with a minimum engagement distance of 30 metres – You will be asked by a marshall to show them how far you determine 30 metres to be, if you get it wrong we ask politely that you not use that weapon.
3. All guns will be chronoed each day, with .20g BB’s - we will provide magazines loaded with 0.20g ammo.
4. Guns that fail by any margin (even 1fps) will not be able to be used.
5. Velocity reducers are not permitted since they only reduce the velocity of the first couple of shots of a burst, beyond that the membrane is unable to close fast enough to catch the BBs and therefore many subsequent rounds go through at whatever the uninhibited power of the gun is.
6. There is no limit to BB weight except for when chronoing.
7. 8mm BB's may not be used. This is due to the lack of 0.20g 8mm BB's for use in chronoing.
8. Worth noting if you are upgrading an AEG; a 1 joule spring should keep you well within these limits, whilst an M100 or equivalent may fall either side of the 350fps limit. Worth bearing in mind.
1. A full safety briefing will be given each and every day – if you have any questions, please ask a marshall who will be happy to help.
Even if you have been to Shock Airsoft many times, and heard the safety briefing over and over, please remain quiet so that the new players around you can hear. It could be you who suffers if you prevent others from hearing the safety rules.
2. A 'Safe Zone' area is clearly marked. Safety glasses are to be worn at all times out of that area.
3. Prior to entering the safe zone, magazines should be removed, actions cleared and weapons made safe. This includes removal of moscart shells.
4. All games are marshalled by dedicated staff who will be identified by hi-visibility garments. Listen to their instructions, and please follow their orders.
5. Approved safety masks or glasses must be worn at all times entering, leaving and within the play areas. If your own eye protection is not considered appropriate you will be issued with a full face mesh mask. Your eye protection should be on before you pass through the safe zone markers, and stay on until you are back inside. 'Goggle lifting' during games is not acceptable. If you are steamed up, speak to a marshal. You will be allowed to return to the game after clearing your goggles in the safe zone.
6. Shock Airsoft strongly recommend the wearing of an approved full face mask, though approved goggles or glasses can be worn by players aged 16+ at the wearers risk. Anyone below this age, must have a letter of consent from a legal guardian, and provided to a member of staff from said guardian.
7. Any discharging of guns in safe areas may result in immediate expulsion.
8. Only pyrotechnics approved or provided by us can be used on the site. Pyrotechnics (smoke and BB grenades) can only be sold to and used by players aged 18 or over, it's the law - if you look young and want pyro, bring ID. If you are bringing your own pyrotechnics, please check with a head marshal or site owner before using them. Homemade or home-modified pyrotechnics are illegal, anyone found to be using such items will be escorted from the site and permanently banned. In game pyro will be marked with ‘Danger Pyro’ safety tape. This is our pyro, for us to detonate for your enjoyment. Any one found tampering/detonating this pyro will be asked to leave site immediately.
9. Areas of the site of potential risk, such as the building roofs and dangerous buildings are out of bounds. These areas will be identified in the safety briefing; one of the reasons it is important that everyone is able to hear it.
1. We welcome anyone over 12 if parent consent is given prior to arrival, and has signed the appropriate consent form, to our events. If you appear to be below the age limit we will ask you for suitable ID, so please bring some. If you cannot provide ID and we believe that you are below the age limit, you will be escorted from the site. This is not negotiable and we are not willing to void our insurance by operating outside of its terms. If you look younger than you need to be to play, bring appropriate ID.
2. We can provide limited equipment for hire, but we ask you to email us prior to the event. We can only provide a gun and face protection. It will be up to yourself to be appropriately clothed, and to wear appropriate footwear.
3. Whilst on the site you agree to being photographed, video recorded or having your image captured by any other means. These images may be published and distributed via the internet or in any other medium for promotional purposes.
4. Smoking is not permitted within any structures on the site. Smoking is permitted in open areas such as those around the safe zone.
5. By booking your place at a Shock Airsoft event you signify that you have read and agree to be bound by these rules. These rules may be changed without notice and all changes will appear on this page. Safety and security will always take precedence over gaming.